Above Photo: Carlthorp School, Santa Monica
Dear Educators: One of my favorite parts of being an author is meeting and talking about books with children! If you'd like to schedule a virtual author visit, please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If there is a type of program you are interested in that I haven't included, please reach out — we can brainstorm ideas and I can create a custom offering!
- Pre-K - 6 - Virtual Read-aloud followed by 20 min Q&A.
- K-6 - 45 minutes (see presentation topics below)
- School must provide hosting platform for virtual visits (test call available upon request)
- Recording is prohibited.
- Book sales not required. Personalized books can be ordered from Children's Book World in Los Angeles.
Presentation topics include:
- Where do ideas come from? I will share the inspiration for my books and provide students with tools for generating their own ideas.
- From idea to publication - an overview (and inside look) of how an idea becomes a picture book you can hold.
- The revision process - writing is re-writing! I will share my own revision tools and help students apply them to their own writing.
- Personalized programs for your school may be requested.
Above Photo: NJASL Rethink Refresh Reboot Panel: 2021 Picture Books That Will Help Readers Rethink How They See Themselves And The World Around Them.
Above Photo: Author reading of The Big Beach Cleanup
Above Photo: The Big Beach Cleanup Launch Event with illustrator Katie Rewse and ocean advocacy group Heal the Bay, hosted by Children's Book World LA.