Dear Educators: I love books! I love reading them, I love writing them, but more than anything I love sharing and talking about them with children! I am currently booking school visits for the 2020-2021 school calendar year.
Presentation topics include:
- Where do ideas come from? I will share the inspiration for my books and provide students with tools for generating their own ideas.
- Introduction to writing your own how-to story - I will provide examples of how-to picture books and guide students through outlining their own stories.
- Story structure - I will walk students through identifying the essential story elements and provide examples.
- From idea to publication - an overview (and inside look) of how an idea becomes a picture book you can hold.
- The revision process - writing is re-writing! I will share my own revision tools and help students apply them to their own writing.
- Personalized programs for your school may be requested.
For information on fees and booking an author visit, please fill out my website contact form.