Dear Educators: One of my favorite parts of being an author is meeting and talking about books with children! If you’d like to schedule a virtual author visit, please send me an email at [email protected]. If there is a type of program you are interested in that I haven’t included, please reach out via email to discuss.
- Pre-K – 6 – Virtual Read-aloud followed by 20 min Q&A.
- K-6 – 45 minutes (see presentation topics below)
- School to provide hosting platform for virtual visits (test call available upon request)
- Personalized books can be ordered from Children’s Book World in Los Angeles.
Presentation topics include:
- Ocean/Plastic Pollution – an introduction to human pollution, practical steps children can take to make a difference and the importance of many hands joining together.
- How to Story Structure – an introduction to story structure, an overview of the how-to story structure and tips for students to write their own.
- Where do ideas come from? I will share the inspiration for my books and provide students with tools for generating their own ideas.
- From idea to publication – an overview (and inside look) of how an idea becomes a picture book you can hold.
- The revision process – writing is re-writing! I will share my own revision tools and help students apply them to their own writing.
- Personalized programs for your school may be requested
Are you looking for an author or author panel for your next event? I am part of a group of Picture Book authors called The Picture Book Scribblers and we would love to present at your next event. Some past presentation topics include:
- How to Promote Your Book for New Authors – So, you have a book deal, now what? Join six published members of the Picture Book promotion group, the Picture Book Scribblers, as they discuss How to Promote your Book for New Authors. Topics will include everything from promoting your book on social media, author websites (do’s and don’ts), to how to find, join or even create and run a promotion group, to how to navigate a book cover reveal, launch event, creating book swag and more!
- Everything You Wanted To know About Backmatter – Back matter is a great way to add extra insights and layers to your picture book, and provide an exciting opportunity to further engage with young readers about a chosen topic. Join a diverse group of picture book creators of both fiction and non-fiction to discuss different approaches of creating compelling fiction and nonfiction back matter, as well as using it in meaningful ways in classrooms, libraries, and homes.
- Rethink Refresh Reboot – 2021 Picture Books that will help readers rethink how they see themselves and the world around them.